Monday, May 21, 2012

FREEDOM (& The Remediation List)

I took my last examination for the next ten years (when I will need to re-certify my Boards in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation).

Words cannot begin to describe what a life altering moment that was. Instead of saying, "I'm sorry, I can't, I have to study." I will now be able to devote myself to family, community, and keeping up my talents. It feels like I've been let out of jail after a 25 year sentence.

Last night I read a book for pleasure. . . PLEASURE, people! I was so happy I could have cried.

Today I begin the remediation phase of my life, that is to say I'm going to get caught up on all the things that were put on the back burner for so long.

Here is my basic list:
  • Develop a menu plan
  • Increase my service to those in need
  • Teach my son how to read, recognize numbers/patterns, and potty train!
  • Get this house ready for Beanie's arrival
  • Start exercising (oh, the irony of being a doctor)
  • Have more indulgent time 
  • Preserve and archive family photos and mementos
  • Switch to organic cleaners
  • Garden

I'm so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment