Friday, November 23, 2012

Designing a Mudroom

This is a big deal, people. The mudroom, methinks, is the most important room in the house.

My research into this task knows no limits at this point. I have been scouring Pinterest for mudroom examples, reading up on what people think is most important to consider BEFORE renovations, and  re-reading my go-to book for components of functional rooms:


Can be purchased here.

I'm also reflecting on what does NOT work in my current home. For starters, we don't have a true entryway.  Stuff always accumulates near the door and spills into our dining room. Then it's like herpes, the mess spreads easily and rapidly, and no one is happy.

So what am I looking to accomplish with the new home? Here are my goals:

  • Create a small, but uber-functional laundry room (my current laundry room is actually quite large, so this is a change). Check out this video from BHG.com.
  • Make room for a vertical freezer 
  • Build a seating area with storage for the kiddos
  • Organize the mini-office area to stop clutter in its tracks
  • Include a storage area for cleaning supplies
  • If possible, include a mini-pantry

Now


Inspiration

Now

Inspiration
(Source)


Now

Inspiration
(Source)

Clearly there's a lot of imagination going on and work to do. Gotta love it, though. Oh, and check out these floors:

Can you handle this? 

No comments:

Post a Comment