Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Nursery Update

In the middle of the craziness that has been my (new) life, I did manage to finish up Beanie's nursery. I am terribly behind in snatching pictures of all the progress, though. Here's a nice teaser photo instead to get us up and running again.


"Come into my office, we need to talk."

That funkadelic chair was a resale-shop find that we recently had reupholstered. It was previously covered in greenish orange muppet fur, I do not exaggerate. Bonus: It swivels. We had to wait for the final product a LONG time, but I can see now that the guy we hired is a perfectionist. I LOVE this chair now. The magenta pillow is from Chiasso, as is the side table. I scored that graphic giraffe pillow from Home Goods. Book shelves are from IKEA. The artwork is a framed picture that I got from Pinterest and to the right of that is Beanie's grandfather's Phi Beta Kappa certificate from the 1960s (no pressure kid!). The curtains are the same ones I showed earlier, which I ordered from ModCloth.

Though you can't tell from my daughter's expression, her nursery really is an oasis that makes us all happy and calm. I would like to add that many people thought I couldn't pull off 'girly,' and perhaps I didn't achieve the classic definition of that, but I think I did a pretty good job (if I may say so myself) and I can't wait to share the rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment