Monday, February 11, 2013

Half Rad

I saw this on, where else?, Pinterest and my interest was piqued. I think I might go for this half-wall paint look in the nursery.

Source

Since I already know what rug is going in there (got it on super sale at The Land of Nod outlet, SCORE), I tried matching up some paint samples last night.


You'd think matching a neutral with a neutral would be easy, but sadly this was not the case. All of those things Maria Killam preaches teaches came into play: Hue, intensity, clean/dirty, undertones. It's like I understood why most paint sample weren't working, but I wasn't clever enough to come up with a solution. The sample shown above is my best match so far. Still not sure, though. The tricky thing here is I think if I choose something too saturated then the room will look heavy and choppy. Must proceed with caution, or be prepared to abandon this idea and go all the way with color.

2 comments:

  1. oh, i like that! i've been wanting to do something with this paint http://us.farrow-ball.com/charlotte%27s-locks/colours//fcp-product/100268
    i wonder if a half wall would work, the rest of the room is grey...

    ReplyDelete