Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Hot Mess: Basement

 Holy stromboli. It's getting hot (mess) in here.



So many different types of tile down in the basement. All from the late 60s. Do we pull it all up in anticipation of going with poured concrete, or do we hold on to hope that we can get our hands on some good looking tile to cover it up?

Nevoa Alba

I found a really good potential cork source at Usfloorsllc.com and I'm crossing my fingers that they sell to the public at an affordable price. If I can make cork happen, I will. It's a natural finish (I really don't like faux-finish, sorry) and it's soft and warm like wood without having to worry about water damage (I think). Plus, it's sustainable!

At the end of the day, I find comfort in knowing that ANYTHING we do in here will be an improvement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment