Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Oh yeah, Mudroom

Its name is mud, or utility closet. Take your pick.

Remember when I showed you our ugly mudroom? Yeah, it still looks that way. But hey, I'm grateful to have one, even if it needs a lot of TLC.

By the time I have two kids in school (Homegirl just might start pre-school in the summer), I'd like to have this room remodeled. I already started talking to a contractor. Now I gotta draw up exactly what I'd like to have in this place and work my way down to the details.

General layout

So here is the layout as it could be framed out.

Kids' closet detailed

And this is what the section off to the right could be like.

Seating area detailed

The thing that's going to take a lot of consideration is what to do in the seating area. I've drawn out what I think should work above, but I don't want to have regrets due to a lack of imagination and experience. I don't want to say a couple of years from now, "Dang it, I wish I had left space for the kids' science projects,"  or whatever. I'm not even factoring room for sports equipment because that can go in the attached garage or, let's face it, I highly doubt my kids will be sportos.

Below you'll find the pins to which I keep coming back in order to make an informed decision:

Source



If there's anyone out there with strong opinions on design and who happens to read this blog, please let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment