Friday, February 6, 2015

Stuck in the Middle with You, Remodel

Ugh. I have a strong love/hate relationship with remodels.

I love the potential. I usually love the outcomes. But I hate the craziness it causes in day-to-day life as we try to work around construction and have people come in and out of the house. Conveying our wishes to the contractors and electricians is always tricky, too, because sometimes we speak different languages. They're all like 'that's not to code,' and I'm like, 'but my design!'





I told you we were going to tackle the mudroom, and here we are doin' it. The floor tile has been laid. The side closets have been stripped down to make room for bench seating. Some of the walls are painted before moving the washing machine and dryer back into place. There's a new light fixture.

The ugly brown door and yellow blinds remain in place for now, mocking me.

I think it's going to turn out well, but admittedly the middle is the point in remodels at which I get major doubts and unease. And you know, one of the major reasons why we chose this ol' home is because it had a mudroom we could work with. So, no pressure or anything. . . Eek!

No comments:

Post a Comment