Sunday, November 30, 2014

ABIHM 2014

Here come more memories from 2014. They serve to remind me that in spite of my disease, there have been triumphs and tender mercies.


Going to San Diego for the American Board of Integrative & Holistic Medicine was a milestone moment for me. For starters, I was very grateful to have been nudged in this direction by my friend, Sonia, and to gain board certified after a period of studying like a maniac.

While there, I felt a sense of peace and homecoming. I met many other like-minded individuals and started feeling hopeful about incorporating what I was learning into my own practice and personal health journey.



This was the scenery. This is the food I ate. Everything about the conference was centered on wellness and, even though I was there alone, I didn't worry about flaring during my time there. That feeling is something I want to recreate for myself and others.

No comments:

Post a Comment